Sunday, April 22, 2007

Roosters - A Popular Home Decor Motif

Roosters are a popular home decor motif. Look at any catalog or home furnishings store and you will find roosters on lamps, pillows, rugs and table top accessories according to a "Styles & Trends" report from a recent "Home Decor" magazine article. This trend has been going on for several years and is not showing any signs of letting up.
They are cheerful and add a nice touch of color to your kitchen giving it a French Country feeling. I would say that I talk to at least two clients per week that like them as part of their decor, especially in the kitchen and family room areas of their homes.
This ceramic rooster (already sold, of course) stands about 30" high and has a companion hen. It was made by Intrada (www.intradainc.com), a fine importer of Italian hand painted pottery. I have a large sized pair of black and white chickens in my own kitchen. Ceramic chickens remind me of my grandfather, who raised them on his ranch when I was a child, which brings back wonderful memories of visiting Grandpa and Grandma. I used to love going out to the chicken coop to feed the chickens and gather the eggs.
If you would like to purchase one of these special birds or any other of Intrada's beautiful products, please contact us and we can help you.

No comments: